Thursday 9 February 2012

Canvasses and Surprise Orders...

Today I thought I would share a surprise order I had last year...

A colleague of mine (who had bought a necklace set for her Mother in the past) approached me just before Christmas.  "I'd like you to make something for my Mother for Christmas".  Fair enough I thought, however that was the extent of the instruction, other than the comment of "You've met my Mother so you'll know what she likes".  I had only met her Mother once for a 5 minute "Hello, this is who made your Christmas origami necklace set"!!  After a little probing I found out she is a fan of the 1920's and big earrings.  This is what I came up with...

1920's Fashion Canvas
 
1920's Fashion Canvas
 
1920's Fashion Canvas
 
Origami Paper Fan Dangly Earrings
I got some lovely feedback on these from the recipient and I would love to hear yours.  It's the first time I have tried creating canvasses.  I got a bug of canvases and combined it with my origami models...
Dinosaur, Flower Bead, Butterfly and Fish Canvasses
 That's all for now, as always please let me know your thoughts and ideas.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your 1920's ladies. Really good idea.
    Sally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they were a challenge for me, but I was really pleased how effective they are! xx

      Delete